There’s so much speculation regarding Chris Paul’s free agency you’d think the season had ended and players were now pondering where to sign. They are, it just happens to be one year early. But have no fear, the media is here! Bring on the news and sources; Bring on the quotes from Paul himself in New York at Carmelo Anthony’s charity event; bring on the guesses of where he wants to play, where he can play based on the new rules. Is this the LeBron-a-thon all over again? Not quite, but the “CP3-for-all” certainly has the hype to make people talking about the NBA again.
So with us flushing out the old lockout news and welcoming the swirling Chris Paul rumors, we decided it was in our best interests to create a “master list” of links about Chris Paul’s free agency. You know, to keep tabs on who said what and when they said it. You may look back on some of this stuff in a month and mutter under your breath how dumb this or that author was for writing such a story or maybe they’ll get the credit they deserve. Who knows. In any event, you’ll be able to find most of everything being written on CP3 around the interwebs here.
As a Knicks fan, this is what you need to know: under the new CBA, Chris Paul can sign for five years and most money to play for the Hornets and four years and a lot less money to play for the Knicks. But you can find that below. (We’ll try our best not to repeat stories and try to focus on new leads and perspectives.)
- Chris Paul’s Options – Mike Kurlyo – KnickerBlogger
- Celtics looking to deal point guard Rondo for Hornets star Paul - Sam Amick – Sports Illustrated
- Would CP3 sacrifice $40 million to sign in NY? - Ian Begley – ESPN Knicks Blog
- Celtics interested in Chris Paul – ESPN
- Heisler Column: Morning in Lakerdom: $150 mill profits, Dwight and CP3 too? – Mark Heisler - SheridanHoops
- If Traded To A Team Other Than The Knicks, Chris Paul Would Have No Financial Incentive To Stay – Dan L. – KnicksFanBlog
- Would Chris Paul pay to play in NYC? – John Hollinger – ESPN Insider
- With lockout all but over, table is set for NY Knicks to make a deal for Hornets star Chris Paul – Frank Isola – NY Daily News